The effects of Tropical Storm Zeta are expected to bring strong winds to the Carolinas. Heavy impact is expected in the central and western regions of North Carolina, as well as upstate South Carolina.
The help desk and engineering teams at Medullus Systems are prepared to respond to a potential influx in weather-related technology issues. As a partner to your business, clients and constituents, Medullus’ first and primary concern is the safety and welfare of those located within these high-risk areas. We have provided some suggestions to help mitigate any damage to your IT infrastructure, and aim to avert any protracted downtime or loss of productivity following the storm.
Duke Energy has provided information on staying safe:
- How to receive outage alerts: https://bit.ly/Duke_Outage_Alerts
- How to prepare your organization for a storm: https://bit.ly/Duke_Prep_Storrm
- How to prepare your residence for a storm: https://bit.ly/Duke_Prep_Storm_Res
Second, some suggestions on business continuity:
- Power down hardware/turn off any unnecessary devices – i.e. nonessential computers and equipment
- Back up crucial data – if you have a regular backup routine, run a manual backup to ensure recoverability of recent data
- Have an inventory of your technology with pictures – If disaster does strike your business, you’ll want to have an accurate account of your assets