This case study showcases how we implemented a server less integration solution which helped a premier self storage facility scale and bring in more customers from the web
Snapbox Self Storage is a self-service storage provider that currently owns and operates 26 facilities across eight states. As part of a major web-presence redesign project, Snapbox wanted to optimize their search-engine performance and presence. One key to that effort was quickly retrieving, processing, and delivering facility information and storage-unit features, price, and availability to the front-end web site almost instantaneously.
We designed a fully cloud-based solution leveraging Microsoft Azure services, including Azure SQL Database, Azure Functions, and Azure Tables. We combined these technologies into a serverless architecture that
- Imports facility information, storage-unit inventory, and reservation details from SiteLink via their SOAP API.
- Transforms and stores SiteLink data in a persistent, near-real time database cache optimized for rapid data retrieval.
- Retrieves, packages and delivers facility information and storage-unit inventory to the Snapbox public web site in response RESTful web-service calls invoked by real-time user searches.
- Project delivery in approximately three weeks.
- Successful collaboration with a third-party vendor contracted by Snapbox for marketing, search engine optimization, and public web site design .
- Search results returned to the public web site in less than two seconds .
- Low-cost, low-maintenance, high-performance, high-availability serverless architecture.